Around the Rim is a semi-regular piece at Rhody Rampage, recapping articles, interviews, and news regarding the Rams, the A-10, and the entire college sports landscape.
- Former URI Ram Cuttino Mobley is attempting to make a comeback in the NBA. [Yahoo]
- New head coach Eddie Jordan is not exactly solving all of Scarlet Knights recent issues. In fact, Jordan may have lied on his résumé about being a Rutgers grad. Cool. [CBS Sports]
- ESPN’s Joe Lunardi has come out with his first Bracketology of the season. Rhody is not present, but the A-10 is represented by VCU, La Salle, and St. Louis. The good news for URI fans is that Joey Brackets isn’t as omniscient as he’s cracked up to be. Also, it’s May. [ESPN]
- Former Rhode Island star Jonathan Holton is back playing D-I ball. He has been signed by the West Virginia Mountaineers. Of course, he does have some legal issues that he’s still dealing with. [HailWV]
- If you were planning on going to the Rhody Men’s Basketball Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Party, you may be too late. It is now sold out, but there is a waiting list. [GoRhody.com]